Watch my Tempdrop review video review here:
For 12% off Tempdrop use code BRIGHTGIRLTD
BBT tracking should be easy! And everyone should be able to do it!
As a menstrual health educator and someone who has been using fertility awareness for contraception for over 4 years, I LOVE MY TEMPDROP!
I think it’s actually very affordable for what it does.
Let me tell you why…
How does Tempdrop work?
The Tempdrop is a wearable thermometer that is worn just under the armpit.
It is designed to help you get an accurate basal body temperature (BBT) reading for ovulation tracking and fertility charting.
When tracking BBT with an oral thermometer, you’d usually have to have 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. You also need to take your oral BBT at the exact same time every day in order to get a reliable reading.
But many people don’t have regular sleep schedules.
TEMPDROP TO THE RESCUE!
The Tempdrop thermometer is perfect for people with irregular sleep schedules (shift workers, mums who are feeding bubs during the night, etc.)
It constantly takes your temperature during the night using its sensors that sit against the skin inside your arm (just under your armpit). The Tempdrop algorithm is able to learn and filter out your sleeping patterns and disturbances (eg: getting up to feed a baby, waking in the middle of the night, changing positions, etc.). It then gives you an accurate BBT reading. This will allow you to track you BBT and identify ovulation even with the most irregular of sleep patterns.
The Tempdrop syncs with your phone and imports your temps to the Tempdrop app – which is a free app! You can also sync your Tempdrop with popular charting apps of your choice like Read Your Body. Syncing also places your temperatures into a chart for you. They make it really easy!
Note: For the first 15 days, temps from Tempdrop may look a bit erratic. Don’t stress, the first 15 days is the Tempdrop’s learning time. It takes 60 days for Tempdrop to fully learn your unique patterns. If you’re using BBT for contraception, in this first 60 days you should use other fertility signs to determine your fertile window OR use barrier methods until the learning phase is up.
Learn Fertility Awareness with me!
Hi, I’m Demi!
I’m a certified double-check sympto-thermal method teacher.
In other words… I teach the method that has 98%-99.6% effectiveness!
I’ve been using FAM as birth control for over 5 years now. It’s saved me a lot of money and contraception side-effects!
I’d love to work with you to either conceive quicker, or ditch hormonal birth control!
Who is it best for?
If you’re someone with an irregular sleep schedule, you’re up during the night, or you can’t record your temp at the same tome each morning, Tempdrop makes it possible for you to track BBT!
I love that it makes cycle tracking more inclusive and accessible to more people.
I love that it makes cycle tracking more inclusive and accessible to more people!
The Tempdrop is perfect for people who:
- Want a thermometer that does all the work for them (including sending your temps to your phone)
- Do shift work
- Have insomnia
- Are up with children during the night
- Breastfeed during the night
- Cannot get 3-4 hours of uninterrupted sleep
- Cannot take their BBT at the same time every morning
Is Tempdrop accurate?
The Tempdrop gets an accurate BBT reading by taking thousands of measurements during your sleep with its thermometer and accelerometer, and analysing this data with its algorithm.
The thermometer measures your sleeping auxiliary temperature from your auxiliary artery under your arm.
The Tempdrop sensor takes your temperature at multiple times during your sleep to increase the accuracy of your reading.
The accelerometer in the Tempdrop detects movement and activity, so the Tempdrop knows if you’re awake, restless, or up during the night.
“Using both the thermometer and accelerometer readings, the algorithm filters out when you woke up to feed your baby, or had trouble getting to sleep, and even just your standard tossing and turning. Tempdrop looks for when you are most restful and uses the temperature at that time.” – From Tempdrop site
To make sure your results from tempdrop are accurate:
- Ensure you’re wearing correctly with the sensor placed in the right spot (on the soft skin between bicep and triceps muscles). Click here for instruction on where to place it
- Wear it every day
- Sync it every day (if you don’t, you may lose some of your previous temperatures and have missing days on your chart)
Pros & cons
- Allows people with irregular sleep schedules to track their BBT
- Syncs with your phone
- You don’t need to remember to take oral temps every day when waking
- Their customer service and help/tech support is very good
- Integrates and syncs with popular period tracking apps like Read Your Body
- The basic version of the Tempdrop app is free
- Premium version of the app is available
- Sleep data is available if you upgrade your Tempdrop app
- They are always updating the capabilities of the Tempdrop & app, meaning you get more out of your purchase as time goes on
- The price is extremely reasonable for what it can do
- The initial expense
- If you don’t wear it properly, it won’t record your temperature
- The feeling of the armband touching you while sleeping can take a while to get used to for some people
- The Tempdrop takes 60 days to learn your patterns. In that time you can’t rely on it fully for contraception
- The Tempdrop algorithm will retroactively adjust your temps from 2 days prior (which can also be a ‘pro’ as it increases the accuracy of your charts). If charting conservatively for contraception, this can increase your fertile window to 5 DPO as you wait for your temps from 3 DPO to be solidified. Whether you extend your fertile window or not should be a conversation between you and your FAM trainer. The longer you use the Tempdrop, the less significant these retroactive changes will be. Many people feel comfortable enough not to extend their fertile window after using the Tempdrop for many cycles as they see these retroactive changes become quite minute.
Do you NEED to use a Tempdrop to track your cycle?
If you don’t have an irregular sleep schedule, you can use Tempdrop, but you don’t need to.
With regular sleep schedules, you can use an oral ovulation thermometer like this one here.
Some people with regular sleep schedule choose to use the Tempdrop anyway. They may prefer not having to set an alarm to take their oral thermometer at the same time each morning. They may also like the convenience of having the Tempdrop sync with their apps.
If you’re an avid FAM user and you have the money to spend, upgrading to a Tempdrop can definitely make life a bit easier.
Is Tempdrop worth the money?
The Tempdrop is a worthwhile investment because it allows you track your cycle even with irregular sleep patterns. The Tempdrop will be priceless for you if you’re someone who wouldn’t usually be able to track your BBT because of irregular sleep schedules.
For me, the Tempdrop is worth the money because it makes life much easier, and means I don’t have to wake up at the same time each day to take my temperature. I can enjoy my weekend sleep-ins!
If you don’t have irregular sleep patterns, you don’t necessarily need to spend the money, but all of Tempdrop‘s features will make charting easier for you! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
After using this for many cycles, I thought it was worth the money and that the price was more than reasonable for what it does, how accurate it is, and the customer service/help/tech support they offer.
Tempdrop are constantly updating and improving their features and adding NEW features, so you get more for you money as time goes on. When I got my Tempdrop they didn’t have sleep data available. Now, I can see my sleep data on my Tempdrop app – that’s a bonus feature I didn’t expect to have when I originally downloaded the app. As time goes on, the Tempdrop keeps giving!
For 12% off Tempdrop use code BRIGHTGIRLTD
Products in this post: