‘The Bright Girl Guide” ebook
This colourful and informative resource takes the confusion out of the menstrual cycle and helps you to understand how your period can be used to your advantage!
Finally make sense of your period symptoms and interpret what those symptoms may be telling you about what might be going on with your hormones.
Activities and worksheets
You will receive access to a range of powerful and effective worksheets and activities for deep learning.
Cement the knowledge you learn in the masterclasses by engaging in these resources written by an experienced high school teacher and designed for deep understanding.
These resources are designed to:
– Facilitate conversations between parents and teens
– Reinforce the information learned in the masterclasses
– Encourage critical and creative thinking about periods and hormones, and the biology behind them
– Empower teens to embrace the menstrual cycle as an intelligent function of the body and increase body confidence
Access to out exclusive Facebook group
Access to our exclusive Facebook group for BONUS resources and a community of support from our like-minded families
Masterclass 1 – 90 minutes long
MAKE YOUR PERIOD YOUR FRIEND!
Understand the menstrual cycle and what to expect:
- Reproductive anatomy
- WHY we even get periods
- The 4 phases of the menstrual cycle and how we feel physically, mentally and emotionally in each phase
- How to work WITH hormones, instead of against them
- Period tracking
- Ovulation tracking to predict your next period accurately
Masterclass 2 – 90 minutes long
HAVE A BETTER PERIOD!
Understand period irregularities and learn tools for balancing your hormones
- Why period irregularities are common in teens
- The causes for common period symptoms (PMS, period pain,missing periods, heavy periods)
- What a typical period should look like
- How to know when to seek help, and the most effective way to seek professional help for period concerns
- Nutrition and lifestyle to support a healthy period (exercise, nutrition, sleep, stress management)
- How to know when to seek help
- Choosing the menstrual hygiene products that are best for you